Real-world recommender systems
Recommendations are used in many industries, such as ecommerce, jobs, music, and social media. This course goes beyond the basics and emphasizes solutions to problems you will face when your business deploys a recommender system.
You will learn
- How recommenders work, using both content-based and collaborative filtering techniques.
- How to build recommenders that scale. On platforms where both the number of users and/or items (such as movies, or products, or job openings) may be very large -- i.e. in the millions -- thinking about scaling is essential.
- How to factor in business concerns: e.g. pricing, inventory, seasonality, new items, new users, popular products, serendipity, coverage, etc.
- How to tune and evaluate a recommender.
- How to generate recommendations in real-time.